Young Producer Sam Bell visits Reuters
Tuesday, 10 February 2015
Sam Bell was one of the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival's young producers (see HebWeb News, 20 Nov 2014) and his dream is to be a journalist so, with the help of festival sponsors Thomson Reuters, he got to spend a day in the Reuters newsroom in London.
Sam has written a blog about his experiences which he has shared with Hebweb.
Festival Artistic Director Helen Meller told the HebWeb, "When Sam mentioned he wanted to be a journalist we asked Thomson Reuters if they could help with some advice, but they went one better offering Sam the chance to experience what it is like working in a very busy newsroom.
"This was priceless experience for Sam, and his well-written blog shows he has real potential as a journalist, so we're pleased he got so much out of it."
Sam's blog describes his arrival at the "impressive Reuters building" and being met by Rachel Moseley, his mentor for the day, the tours round the building and the Reuters newsroom, coffee overlooking Docklands, talking with the Training Editor about journalism at the company and watching the making of a video news item for the Reuters website.
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Hebden Shorts 2015: Open Gardens are back! (17 December 2014)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Shorts 2015: Get writing over Christmas (11 December 2014)
- HebWeb News: Exclusive first public showing of Arts Festival video (24 November 2014)
- HebWeb News: Young arts producers win national awards (20 November 2014)
- HebWeb News: Calder High Students deliver #yourfest (2 July 2014)
- HebWeb News: Streets come alive with Arts Festival (29 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: Win tickets to see George Monbiot (20 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: Michael Morpurgo's 'I Believe in Unicorns' (11 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: John Shuttleworth sells out (6 June 2014)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival - 2014 programme published (19 May 2014)
- HebWeb News: Arts festival short plays announced. (12 May 2014)
- HebWeb News: Comedian Simon Amstell to play Picture House (8 May2014)
- HebWeb News: The Tiger Lillies play one off show at Hebden Bridge Arts Festival (10 April 2014)
- HebWeb News: Festival seeks new board members (27 March 2014)
- HebWeb News: Meet the Arts Festival team (10 March 2014)
- HebWeb News: Local business invited for a festival cuppa (15 Feb 2014)
- HebWeb News: New look for Arts Festival (31 January 2014)
- HebWeb News: Budding Playwrights Wanted! (20 January 2014)
- HebWeb News: Festival Board thanks Festival volunteers, and the HebWeb (21 July 2013)
- HebWeb News: Latest from the Festival (26 June 2013)
- Arts Festival Website