Work to start on the Old Station Building in Mytholmroyd
Friday, 2 February 2018
From Monday 5th February, Network Rail contractors start work on the renovation of the old station building at Mytholmroyd. Once the internal structure is safe, the Railway Heritage Trust will restore the historical features. Then with the assistance of Arriva North, the newly formed charity – The Station Building, Mytholmroyd (No. 1174609) will furnish the building for community/ social use.
Also from Monday, 5th February, there may be restrictions to public parking on the Network Rail access road.
Station Building Feasibility Study Public Meeting 5th February, 2018. Good Shepherd Centre, 7pm
There will be a welcome and brief introduction by Geoff Mitchell, Chairman of Trustees covering the following points:
- How it all started over ten years ago and our aspirations for a community hub in the station building.
- It is an operational railway station and all safety rules must be observed at all times together with other instructions that may be given by the railway authorities.
- The project champions intended that this project would not take business from local shops, cafés, restaurants, inns or companies.
- The project must be self-financing without annual grants or subsidies. The original ‘Community Only’ use (such as art studios, etc.) was accepted by the Arriva Bid Team for the Northern Franchise and included in the Franchise Agreement.
- An independent Feasibility Study was proposed to ascertain potential uses, with funding from Northern, HRTC and AHF.
The Partnership have done the groundwork towards the building being restored and would appreciate your thoughts and support to help make progress towards a business plan.
Please email or post your views.
Can you assist this project?
It has always planned for the building to be for the community and run by the community. Initially, a Business Plan will be produced and voluntary help with administration, financial and funding management, project management and website/social media would be appreciated. Do you have experience in any of these areas please?
As the building becomes more accessible, more general community involvement will be welcome. Please let us know your particular interests/skills.
Are you interested in renting space in the building?
Please outline your requirements and basic business plan prior to meeting with the Trustees.
For all responses please use:
Email – email@example.com
Post – Station Building Project, 18 Cleveley Gardens, Mytholmroyd, HX7 5JE