Tuesday, 10 August 2021
Hebden Bridge Picture House Manager
£30,451 - £32,234 (37 hours per week)
Do you want to work in a town known for its welcoming atmosphere, quirkiness and creativity? A town named as one of the world’s funkiest towns by British Airways High Life Magazine, a town with a vibrant, diverse arts scene?
We are a town council who run a successful 527 seat single screen cinema at the heart of our community focused town. We are celebrating our centenary and now need a new Picture House Manager to lead us into our second century.
You will be an experienced manager with a passion for the Arts. Responsible for all aspects of the operation and strategic management of the Hebden Bridge Picture House, responsibilities will include:
- managing and developing a team of more than twenty part time staff
- maximising the financial performance of the Picture House
- developing the programme of films, creative projects, appropriate community events and educational activities, ensuring the Picture House remains a focus for the broader cultural and artistic development of Hebden Bridge
- to build and diversify audiences
- ensuring Licensing Legislation, Health & Safety Legislation and security procedures are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, organised, motivated, efficient, have excellent people skills and be able to work under pressure. Prioritisation skills are key to ensure the team is fully supported in the day-to-day operation of the cinema. The Picture House is a seven day a week operation and regular evening and weekend work will be required.
For an informal discussion please contact the Town Clerk at the email address below.
Applications are only accepted via application form.
Applications to be received by noon Tuesday 31st August 2021
Interview date Thursday 9th September 2021
Role to commence Autumn 2021 following a handover period with exact start date to be negotiated.